In an exciting development Penny Joyce (project team member) and Beatrice King (historic volunteer) gave our first Her Salisbury Story talk to the Stratford-sub-Castle Guild meeting. There were 29 people present with perhaps 3 or 4 watching on Zoom.
As well as foregrounding a number of women’s stories (both contemporary and historical), the process of how the project was set up and how challenges, especially Covid, were overcome was also covered.
The verbal feed back was very positive:
- Really interesting, I had no idea about these Salisbury women
- Hugely impressed by the challenge you set yourselves and coming up trumps despite the pandemic
- Fascinating histories
- in awe that you set this up from scratch with volunteers and developed people’s skills to do it
- Looking forward to reading more
- I hadn’t heard about Salisbury Soroptimists – clearly an amazing group of women
- Both presenters were very engaging and passionate and it came across
- Interesting display boards, I will go on the site
- Map is a great idea
If you would like us to come and talk to your group / organisation or lead a Her Salisbury Footprint heritage walk please, get in touch by filling in the form here